Rolling Advertisement for
IIM Lucknow invites applications for faculty positions at the level of Professor/ Associate Professor/ Assistant Professor (Grade I & II) in the following areas:
- Agribusiness Management
- Business Environment(Economics)
- Business Sustainability
- Decision Sciences
- Finance and Accounting
- Human Resource Management
- Information Technology and Systems
- Legal Management
- Operations Management
- Strategic Management
Candidates should have a demonstrated ability to make relevant intellectual contribution to experienced and potential managers through teaching, training, research and published work. Candidates should have a strong academic background and understanding of current developments in the related field. Faculty members are expected to carry out research, design and teach courses, engage in institution development and conduct training programs and consultancy.
Minimum Qualification (for all faculty positions): PhD or equivalent degree in appropriate branch with first class or equivalent (in terms of grades, etc.) at the preceding degree, with excellent academic record throughout from premier recognized university/ Institute.
In addition, for:
A minimum of ten years teaching/ research/ professional experience of which at least 4 years should be at the level of Associate Professor in IITs, IIMs, IISc Bangalore, NITIE Mumbai, IISERs or at an equivalent level in any such other Indian or foreign institution of comparable standard as on the date of application. The candidate should have demonstrated leadership in research in a specific area of specialization in terms of strong record of publications in reputed journals and refereed conferences, course development and/or other recognized relevant professional activities.
A minimum of six years teaching/ research/ professional experience of which at least 3 years should be at the level of Assistant Professor Grade I or equivalent as on the date of application. The candidate should have demonstrated adequate experience of independent research in terms of publications in reputed journals and refereed conferences, course development and/ or other recognized relevant professional activities.
Assistant Professor Grade I
A minimum of three years teaching/ research/ professional experience as on the date of application, excluding the experience gained while pursuing PhD. Candidate should have demonstrated research capabilities in terms of publications in reputed journals and refereed conferences.
Eligible candidates with less than the requisite experience may be taken as Assistant Professor Grade II in the Academic Level 10 or 11 with appropriate pay based on post PhD experience.
Assistant Professor Grade II
Candidate not eligible for Assistant Professor Grade I may be appointed as Assistant Professor Grade II. At the entry level s/he may be placed in Academic Level 10 and shall move after 1 year to Academic Level 11. After 3 years in Academic Level 10 & 11 together, s/he may be brought on regular position as Assistant Professor Grade I in Academic Level 12.
On satisfactory completion of 3 years service as Assistant Professor Grade I with Academic Level 12, s/he shall move to Academic Level 13A1.
Academic Level 14A (Rs.1,59,100 - Rs.2,20,200)For Direct recruits, minimum pay in the Pay Matrix to be fixed at Rs.1,59,100/ p.m.
|Allowances as admissible to Central Government employees.|
Academic Level 13A2 (Rs.1,39,600 - Rs.2,11,300)For Direct recruits, minimum pay in the Pay Matrix to be fixed at Rs.1,39,600/ p.m.
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR GRADE I
Academic Level 12 (Rs.1,01,500 - Rs.1,67,400)For Direct recruits, minimum pay in the Pay Matrix to be fixed at Rs.1,01,500/ p.m.
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR GRADE II
Academic Level 10 (Rs. 57,700 - Rs. 98,200)For Fresh recruits, minimum pay in the Pay Matrix to be fixed at Rs.84,700/ p.m.
Academic Level 11 (Rs. 68,900 - Rs. 1,17,200)One year post PhD experience – Rs.89,900/ p.m.
Two years post Ph.D. experience – Rs.92,600/p.m.
In addition to incentives which are part of the pay package according to the 7th Pay Commission norms, the following would also apply as per the Institute’s extant rules:
- Seed grant up to Rs. 10 Lakh is available to faculty members for their research work.
- Liberal grant is provided to faculty members to participate in national as well as international conferences. They are allowed to participate every year in two national conferences. Besides this, a grant of Rs. 5 Lakh in a block of three years is provided to each faculty member for attending international conferences.
- Faculty members of the Institute are entitled for Faculty Development Allowance of Rs. 1 Lakh per year to procure various items required for their academic/ research activities.
- The Institute shall provide a relocation allowance of up to Rs. 1 Lakh for faculty joining from abroad as reimbursement of air fare for self and spouse and cost of transportation of goods. Reimbursement limit is Rs. 75,000/ for self and family and transportation of goods for faculty joining from within India.
- The Institute encourages interaction of the faculty with industry, other research and professional institutions. Consultancy is encouraged at IIM Lucknow and liberal consultancy policies are in practice.
- Facilities for research and development activities exist in all the areas of management. Good facilities also exist for computing. The Institute has a well-stocked library with large number of books, journals, reports, e-books, and databases.
- Most of the faculty members stay on the Campus. The Institute endeavors to provide suitable accommodation to all faculty. Every faculty quarter on campus is provided with intercom and broadband Internet access.
- Most of the day-to-day facilities are available on the Campus including banks, post office, a small shopping center, a health centre, sports facilities including a swimming pool and vast playground for field games.
- Candidates should have an excellent academic record, good communication skills, a commitment to high quality education and demonstrated ability to carry out original and creative research.
- Persons employed in Government/ Semi-Government Organization or Educational Institutions should apply through proper channel. They shall provide No Objection Certificate while applying or at the time of Interview.
- Reservation Policy of Government of India shall be applicable.
- Mere fulfillment of the qualifications and experience requirement laid down does not entitle a candidate to be called for interview.
- For regular appointment, there would be a probation period of 2 years.
- The Institute reserves the right to fill or not to fill any or all the posts advertised.
- No correspondence, whatsoever, will be entertained from candidates regarding conduct and result of interview and reasons for not being called for interview or selection.
- The Institute will communicate only with short-listed candidates.
- Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.