Highlights of FPM
The objective of the Fellow Programme in Management (FPM), a Doctoral level programme of IIM Lucknow, is to prepare individuals for teaching, training, research and consulting careers in the field of management.
The programme has the following components:
- Mandatory Course Work
- Comprehensive Examination
- Formulation of Thesis Proposal for Doctoral Level Research
- Thesis Submission and Defense
- During first year of the programme the students acquire knowledge of the discipline and functional areas of management and general management.
- During second year of the programme the students acquire in-depth knowledge of the area of specialization and related fields.
- On completion of the second year course work including dissertation work, the students take the comprehensive examination.
- After passing the comprehensive examination, the student enters the thesis writing stage.
- On approval of the thesis proposal, the student works closely with the TAC on his/her thesis work. On completion of the thesis work, the student submits the thesis and defends the same.
- After completion of all requirements of the programme, the student is awarded the title of the “Fellow of the Indian Institute of Management Lucknow”.