How to Access Information
Right To Information Act 2005
FILING OF APPLICATION
- A person seeking information may file an application on form attached as Appendix ‘A’ either in writing or by e-mail giving particulars of the information being sought.
- The application along with the requisite fee can be given to the Central Public Information Officer (CPIO), Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow 226 013.
- In case request is made by e-mail, the fee should be deposited within seven days. Non-receipt of fee will imply withdrawal of request.
PAYMENT OF FEE
- A nominal fee of Rs.10/- will be charged as application fee.
- For information under Section 7, additional fee will be payable as under -
- Rs. 2/- per page (A4 or A5).
- Actual cost (for sizes bigger than A4 or A5).
- In case of printed material –
- Price of publication, or
- Rs 2 per page in case of photocopies.
- Actual cost for samples and models.
- In case information is needed on disk or floppy – Rs 50/- per disk/floppy.
- Inspection of records –
- No fee for first hour.
- Rs 5/- per 15 minutes (or part thereof).
- No fee, if the -
- Requisitioner is below poverty line.
- CPIO has failed to reply within 30 days.
- The fee is payable in cash/ demand draft/ banker’s cheque favouring Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow.
DISPOSAL OF REQUEST
- The Institute will make an endeavour to provide the information in 15 days subject to a maximum of 30 days.
- The requester will be informed about the fee. The intervening period will not be included in the 30 days time specified for the reply.