Samir K. Srivastava Professor
- Fellow of IIM Lucknow
- B. Tech (Electrical Engineering), Institute of Technology, BHU (Now IIT BHU)
- Completed with distinction TPM Implementation Course conducted by Japan Management Centre Incorporated, Tokyo.
Curriculum Vitae | Personal Webpage
Prof. Samir has over two decades of experience in research, teaching and industry. He worked in various positions in industry (AV Birla Group) in technical as well as managerial roles. He was an internal facilitator for TPM implementation at Indo Gulf Corporation Limited winning the TPM Excellence Award from JIPM¸ Japan in the year 2000. He joined IMT Ghaziabad as Associate Professor in 2004. Thereafter, he moved to MDI Gurgaon in 2005 and subsequently to IIM Lucknow in 2007. Prof. Samir has published many papers in reputed refereed academic journals. He has co-authored two books and also writes for popular business magazines. His work has over three thousand three hundred citations in Google Scholar with a g-Index of 58, more than thirteen hundred citations in Scopus with and about eight hundred citations in Thomson Reuters. His biographic profile appears in Marquis Who’s Who 2014 and Marquis Who’s Who 30th Pearl Anniversary Editions. Presently, he teaches supply chain and operations management courses to post graduate and doctoral students along with involvement in other academic, administrative and consulting activities.
- Member of Editorial Advisory Board (EAB) of Drivers Duniya.
- Member of Scientific Committee for the “International Conference on Supply Chain & Logistics Management (ICSCLM 2016)”, India Habitat Centre, New Delhi, March 18-19, 2016.
- Member of the Advisory Committee for the “3rd International Conference on Management: Flattening of The Globe: Propelled by E–Commerce & Supply Chain”, New Delhi, February 4-5, 2016.
- Member of LMA Convention Committee for the “Annual Convention on Developing Smart Cities: Imperatives and Challenges)”, Scientific Convention Centre, Lucknow, December 4, 2015.
- Member of the Advisory Committee for the “International Case Conclave Elixir 2015”, New Delhi, September 4, 2015.
- Member of Scientific Committee for the “International Conference on Supply Chain & Logistics Management (ICSCLM 2013)”, India Habitat Centre, New Delhi, December 5-7, 2013.
- Member of Technical Committee for the “International Conference on Enterprise Resource Planning & Supply Chain Management (ERP-SCM)”, Bali, Indonesia May 7-8, 2012.
- Member of International Advisory Committee for the “International Conference on Sustainable Manufacturing: Issues, Trends and Practices (ICSM-2011)”, BITS Pilani, November 10-12, 2011.
- Member of National Advisory Committee for the 43rd Annual Convention of the Operations Research Society of India and International Conference on "Operations Research for Urban and Rural Development (ORSI2010)”, December 15-17, 2010.
- Erstwhile member of Sub-committee for Manufacturing Competitiveness¸ Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) for the year 2005-06.
- Erstwhile member of TPM Club of India, Confederation of Indian Industry (CII).
- Erstwhile Member, Technical Advisory Group (TAG), National Agricultural Innovation Project (Research on Production to Consumption Systems).
- Life member of Society of Operations Management, India.
- Delivered Invited Lectures at various industries and NGOs.
- Referee/Reviewer for the following journals:
- Applied Mathematical Modeling
- Benchmarking: An International Journal (BIJ)
- Computers & Industrial Engineering (CAIE)
- European Journal of Operational Research (EJOR)
- Global Journal of Flexible Systems Management
- IIMB Management Review
- International Journal of Integrated Supply Management (IJISM)
- International Journal of Information Technology and Management (IJITM)
- International Journal of Management Reviews (IJMR)
- International Journal of Physical Distribution and Logistics Management (IJPDLM)
- International Journal of Production Economics (IJPE)
- International Journal of Production Research (IJPR)
- International Journal of Sustainable Development (IJSD)
- Information Sciences (IS)
- Journal of Cleaner Production (JCLP)
- Journal of Modelling in Management (JM2)
- Journal of Operations Management (JOM)
- Metamorphosis: A Journal of Management Research
- Omega: The International Journal of Management Science
- Production Planning & Control
- Resources, Conservation & Recycling
- Total Quality Management & Business Excellence
- Transportation Research Part E
- Vikalpa: The Journal for Decision Makers
- Vision: The Journal of Business Perspective.
- Guided three FPM (Doctoral) candidates as a Member of Thesis Advisory Committee.
- Presently Chairman of Thesis Advisory Committee of one FPM (Doctoral) candidate; and on Thesis Advisory Committee of two FPM (Doctoral) candidates and Doctoral Advisory Committee (DAC) of one PhD candidate.
- Supervision of two Case Writings for FPM (Doctoral) students.
- External Examiner (IIM Bangalore, IIM Calcutta, IIT Bombay, IIT Roorkee, NITIE) for PhD theses.
- Supervision of Dissertations and Courses of Independent Study of postgraduate and doctoral management students.
- Faculty Guide for a few dozen live projects by Post Graduate students in firms like Nestle India, ICI, Stanton Chase, Mother Dairy, Glaxo Smithkline Beecham, Carrier Air-conditioning and Refrigeration Ltd., Maruti Suzuki India Ltd., etc.
- Program Director for open MDPs on Supply Chain Management at MDI Gurgaon and IIM Lucknow.
- Program Director for 5th Certificate Programme in Business Analytics, Sep 2015 – July 2016.
- Program Director for General Management Programme for Indian Railways Officers (Probationary), IIM Lucknow Campus, April 06 – May 29, 2009.
- Conducted on-campus and in-company MDPs for executives of ABB, Aditya Birla Management Corp. Pvt. Ltd., APSRTC, Arun Warehousing & Logistics, Avon Beauty Product India Pvt. Ltd., Balmer Lawrie Ltd., BEL, Bharti Airtel, Bharti WalMart, Biostadt India Ltd., BPCL, BSF, CHEP India, Coal India Limited, Coast Guard, College Of Defence Management, DuPont India, Effem India Pvt. Ltd., Eli Lilly, Fedex, Field Fresh Foods, Gujarat Ambuja Cements, HAL, Hero Honda Motors Ltd., Himalaya Drug Company, HPCL, Idea Cellular, Indian Air Force Officers, Indian Coast Guard, Indian Navy, IREDA, Indian Railways, ISGEC, ITC, Maple Orgtech (India) Ltd., Mazagon Dock Ltd., Miebach India Ltd., NABARD, NAIP, National Book Trust, National Seeds Corporation Ltd., NHDC, NIC, Nokia India Pvt. Ltd., NTPC, ONGC, Powergrid Corporation, RCF, Rimjhim Ispat, Rural Electrification Corporation, Rural Engineering Services, SAIL, SBI, Singer India Limited, Spirax Marshall Pvt. Ltd., SSL-TTK Ltd., Strides Acro Lab, Super Highway Labs, TCI, TNS India, Zuari Cement Ltd., etc.
- Conducted Faculty Development Programme (FDP) for management teachers.
Completed with distinction (92.33%) TPM Implementation Course
|FPM (Equivalent to Ph.D.)
Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow
Indira Gandhi National Open University
|B.Tech. (Electrical Engg.)
Institute of Technology, BHU (now IIT-BHU)
|Intermediate (Std. XII)
Colvin Taluqdars’ College, Lucknow
|High School (Std. X)
Mahanagar Boys High School, Lucknow
conducted by Japan Management Centre Incorporated, Tokyo
- Operations Management
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Operations Strategy
- System Dynamics Modelling
- Reverse Logistics
- Green Supply Chains, Sustainable Supply Chain Management, Food Supply Chains
- Manufacturing Excellence
- Sourcing (Procurement Practices)
- HR-Operations Interface
- Technopreneur-owned Firms
Funded Research Projects
- A Research Grant from Confederation of Indian Industry for "Developing Case Studies on themes related to Good Procurement Practices" - ongoing.
- A Research Grant from Emerald/IAM for "Promoting Competition in Public Procurement: Finding right configurations for India " - ongoing.
- A Seed Money Project from IIM Lucknow (SM 242) on “Comprehensive Review to Understand Best Practices in Public Procurement” - ongoing.
- A Research Grant from DST-India and EPSRC for “Engineering Driven Sustainable Supply Chains” - Principal Co-Investigator from India – completed.
- A Research Grant from UK-India Education and Research Initiative for “Understanding Indian and UK food industries” - Member of the 3-faculty team from India – completed.
- A Seed Money Project from IIM Lucknow (SM 212) for a study on “Green Supply Chain Issues and Practices in India” – completed.
- Operations Strategy
- Procurement Management
- Manufacturing Excellence
- Facility Network Design
- Supply Chain Innovations
- Business Process Management
- Total Quality & Environment Management
- Consultancy on “Logistics Operations of Tata Motors, Prolife Business” (Client: Tata Motors Limited).
- Procurement Observatory in the state of Uttar Pradesh (Client: The World Bank).
- Study on “Benchmarking and Negotiation Strategies for a Robust Acquisition System” (Client: College of Materials Management, Indian Army).
- Review of Existing Procedure of Procurement of Dry, FOL and Fresh Rations (Client: ASC Centre & College, Indian Army).
- Setting up a Procurement Observatory in the state of Uttar Pradesh (Client: The World Bank).
||Name of Institute
||Indian Institute of
||Indian Institute of
||Institute of Management
||Aditya Birla Group
||Various Technical and Managerial
||Vaids ICS Lucknow
Awards & Recognitions
- Winner of the Prof. Manubhai M. Shah Memorial Award for Excellence in Commerce and Business Management (MMSMA) 2015.
- Highly commended runner-up of the Emerald/IAM Indian Management Research Fund Award 2015 for the proposal,"Promoting Competition in Public Procurement: Finding right configurations for India".
- Best Paper Award at the 16th Society of Operations Management International Conference, IIT Delhi, December 2012.
- Name appears in the List of the Top 5% Productive Researchers in Management Schools of India in “Research Productivity in Management Schools of India: A Directional Benefit-of-Doubt Model Analysis”, a 2015 white paper by Biresh K. Sahoo, Ramadhar Singh, Bineet Mishra and Krithiga Sankaran (Available at: http://www.iimb.ernet.in/research/working-papers/research-productivity-management-schools-india-directional-benefit-doubt-model-analys).
- Ranked 5th in the List of the top Indian academics in terms of logistics/SCM research output in a 2012 research paper supported by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) titled, “Analysis of the Logistics Research in India” (Available at: http://web.iitd.ac.in/~ravi1/4a_White%20Paper%20Logistics%20Research%20in%20India%20(2).pdf).
- McGraw Hill Publishing Best Paper Award at the 3rd Global Conference on Business and Economics, Amsterdam, Netherlands, July 2004.
- Best Student Paper Award at the7th Annual Society of Operations Management International Conference, IIM Indore, December 2003.
- Tuition Fee Waiver at Institute of Technology, BHU.
- Special Increment under “high potential” category at Indo Gulf Corporation Limited.
- Trained personnel and led teams with diverse backgrounds and interests (from shop-floor workers to Managers and Senior Executives) in AV Birla Group, the third largest business conglomerate in India.
- Worked closely with leading JIPM consultants and KPMG Auditors for TPM and ISO implementation at Indo Gulf Corporation.
- Initiated Benchmarking in commercial functions of Indo Gulf Fertilizers.
- Assisted ABC Consultants in manpower deployment study of Indo Gulf Fertilizers.