Pushpendra Priyadarshi Associate Professor
Human Resource Management
- Ph.D. (University of Delhi)
- M. Phil.
is currently an Associate Professor in the Human Resource Management area at IIM Lucknow. In a career spanning over 14 years he has been associated with University of Delhi, IMT Ghaziabad, MDI Gurgaon, besides IIM Lucknow. During these years he has been extensively involved in research, teaching, executive education, and consulting.
His research feature in Journals like, International Journal of Educational Management, Journal of Workplace Learning and International Journal of Indian Culture and Business Management among others. His teaching interest lies in Leadership, Coaching and Mentoring, Individual and Group Behavior, Designing Organizational Structure and Human Resource Management.
He has undertaken consulting assignment for organisations of Govt. of India, Govt. of Uttar Pradesh and Govt. Of Uttarakhand in the areas of Training Need Analysis, Process Review of the Programme and Socio-Economic Impact Evaluations. As a trainer, he has trained executives from private and public sector of repute covering domestic and overseas programmes. Metlife, Kotak Bank, IDBI Bank, Reserve Bank of India, HAL, LIC, NTPC, PGCIL, All India Services such as, Revenue Services, Audit and Accounts Services, Railway Traffic Services, Forest Services, ISS, IES etc. are some of the prominent organisations he has been associated with as a trainer/programme director. Leadership, Coaching and Mentoring, Working in Teams and Engagement and Motivational challenges of employees are broad areas of research and training.
- Organisational Behaviour
- Organisational Structure and Design
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Positive Psychology
- Work Engagement
- Work-Life Interface
- Mentoring In Indian Organisations
Current Research Interests
- Job Crafting
- Process and Programme Evaluation
- Human Resource Planning
- Leadership Development
- Training Need Analysis
Recent Publications, Articles, Cases
- Belwal, R.,Priyadarshi, P. and Al Fazari, M. H. Graduate Attributes and Employability Skills: Graduates’ Perspectives on Employers’ Expectations in Oman.International Journal of Educational Management (Forthcoming)
- Premchandran, R. and Priyadarshi, P. ‘The mediating impact of psychological capital on mentoring outcomes of trust in management and person-organisation fit – A conceptual model’, International Journal of Indian Culture and Business Management (Forthcoming).
- Sinha, S., Priyadarshi, P. and Kumar, P. ‘Organizational Culture, Innovative Behaviour and Work Related Attitude: Role of Psychological Empowerment’, Journal of Workplace Learning(Forthcoming).
- Priyadarshi, P. & Raina R. 2014. The mediating effects of work engagement: Testing causality between personal resource, job resource and work related outcomes. International Journal of Indian Culture and Business Management. Vol. 9 No. 4. pp 487-509.
- Chiramel C. & Priyadarshi, P. 2014. In search of Job: An exploratory study of key determinants of internship conversion among Indian management graduates (IIM L working paper series 2013-14/15)
- Priyadarshi, P. 2011. Employer Brand Image as Predictor of Employee Satisfaction, Affective Commitment & Turnover. Indian Journal of Industrial Relations, Vol. 46 No. 3. pp. 510-22. New Delhi.
- Priyadarshi, P. & Kumar, Pankaj. 2009. Demographic Correlates of Work Values Preference: A Study of Professional Social Workers in India. Indian Journal of Industrial Relations, Vol. 45 No. 2. Pp. 277-88. New Delhi.
- Singh, T; Kumar, Pankaj & Priyadarshi, P. 2008. Employee Engagement: A Comparative Study on Selected Indian Organization. IMPACT- International Journal of Management Practices & Contemporary Thought, Vol. 2, No. 2, pp 41-48.
- Priyadarshi, P & Kumar, Pankaj. 2006. Manager in Making: A Work Value Study. International Journal of Business Research. Vol. 6, No 3. pp 91-103.
- Kumar Pankaj & Priyadarshi, P. 2003. Organisational Culture and Effectiveness: A Comparative Study of Public and Private Sector Organisations. Udyog Pragati Vol. 27, No. 3. pp. 51-58.
- Priyadarshi, P & Kumar Pankaj. 2008. Managing Non-profit organizations: An Agenda for the Day in the book titled Empowerment of the Weaker Sections in India: Interface of the Civil Society Organizations and Professional Social Work Institutions. Edited by Verma, R.B.S. et al. New Delhi, Serials, 2006
- Mishra, R. & Priyadarshi, P. (2016). Leadership Crisis at Little Private Services Limited. Winner of ET FLAME Best Industry Experience Case Award.
- Evaluation Study on Impact of Computer Training on ‘Social and Economic Development’ of Trainees under SCA to SCSP. (2015, Project Leader)
- Preparation of Curriculum Design and Training of Selected Teachers of National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology, Ministry of Tourism, Government of India (2015, Project Member).
- Training Need Assessment of Elected Representatives of Panchayati Raj Institutions in Uttarakhand. (2015, Project Member)
- Review of the Process of Saakshar Bharat Programme under National Literacy Mission (Govt. of India). (2014, Project Leader)
- National Study on Scheme of Support to Voluntary Agencies for Adult Education and Skill Development (Component of Jan Shikshan Sansthans) National Literacy Mission (Govt. of India). (2014, Project Leader)
- All India Report of Saakshar Bharat Programme (2014, Project Member)
- Study on a Mid-Term Evaluation for Saakshar Bharat Programme under National Literacy Mission (Govt. of India) in four states: Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Rajasthan and Bihar.(2013, Project Member)