Prakash Singh Professor
Finance and Accounting
- Ph.D.(Birla Institute of Technology & Science, Pilani, Rajasthan)
- MBA(Lucknow University, Department of Management Studies)
- B.Tech (Mech Engg, Harcourt Butler Technological Institute, Kanpur)
+91-522-6696531(R), +91-522-6696668 (O), 9935488368 (Cell)
Born in Allahabad and completed his schooling from St. John’s School, Varanasi; completed his under graduation in Mechanical Engineering from HBTI, Kanpur, MBA from Lucknow University and PhD from BITS, Pilani in Indian Banking. Has worked with Escorts Yamaha Motors Ltd as Engineer- Vendor Development and with Kotak Mahindra Primus Ltd as Officer- Business Development.He is currently the Chairman of Placements for the Executive MBA (IPMX) at Noida Campus.
- Commercial Bank Management
- Risk Management in Financial Institutions
- Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Risk Management in Banking and BASEL III
- Financial Inclusion and Microfinance
- Business Analytics and Retail Banking
- Alternate models of Financial Inclusion: Estimation of transaction Costs, Risk management, pricing, regulatory and social impact issues.
- Risk Modeling in Banks/ FI’s specifically Credit and Market Risk
- Application of Data Analytics in Retail Banking; measuring customer life time value, designing and positioning products using behavior patterns etc
||Name of Institute
||Kotak Mahindra Primus Ltd
||Officer-Business Development, Mumbai
Recent Publications, Articles, Cases
- Dr. Prakash Singh and Zia Arif, “An empirical analysis of risk in Indian banks using bank dependent factors and economic indicators”, International Journal of Managerial Finance, Emerald, Sep 14 (Under advanced Review).
- Dr. Prakash Singh, Paarth Shukla and Saurabh Lal, "“Anomalies And Multi-Factor Model For Stock Pricing In Indian Market” sent for publication in 'PRAJNAN' Vol. XLIII, No.2 July-September, 2014.
- Dr. Prakash Singh, Effect of Mergers and Acquisitions of Banks on the bidder and target banks performance in India in the recent years”, UDYOG PRAGATI, Vo.38, No.1, Jan- March, 2014.
- Ms. Parvathi Ganesh & Dr. Prakash Singh, "Factors affecting valuation of Microfinance Institutions in India: An empirical study", UDYOG PRAGATI, Vo.37, No.2, April- June, 2013.
- Ms. Parvathi Ganesh & Dr. Prakash Singh, "Social Performance of Microfinance Institutions in India: Developing a Social Impact Index, IIML working paper Series 2012-13/22, (submitted to Singapore Management Review, under advanced review).
- Dr. Prakash Singh, “Performance Analysis of Microfinance Institutions in India: what drives their valuation”, PRAJNAN, Vol. XL, No.1, April- June, 2011
- Dr. Prakash Singh, “Financial Inclusion through MFI; Social responsibility or a viable business proposition: Empirical study on what drives the valuation”, UDYOG PRAGATI, Vol.34, No.4 October-December, 2010
- Dr. Prakash Singh, “The predictive power of Moody’s KMV model as a leading indicator of a default and rating migration: An empirical study", ICFAI Journal of Applied Finance, Oct, 2010
- Dr. Prakash Singh, “Mergers in Indian Banking: Impact study using DEA analysis”, South Asian Journal of Management, Vol.16, Issue No.2, April-June, 2009.
- Dr. Prakash Singh, “Corporate Social Accounting: An empirical study on Social Information Disclosure in Indian Corporates”, PRAJNAN, Vol. XXXVI, No. 2, July-Sep 2008