Pradeep Kumar Associate Professor
Information Technology and Systems
- ) PhD (CS) from Hyderabad University
- M.Tech (CS) from BIT Mesra
- B.Tech (CSE) from Magadh University
91-522-6696657, 91-9005372540 (M)
Pradeep Kumar (Comp Sc and Engg)
, a Ph.D. from Hyderabad Central University in Computer Science and M.Tech from B.I.T.-Mesra, Ranchi in Computer Science is an academician with IIM Lucknow. He was associated with SET Labs, Infosys Technologies Ltd as a researcher. He served Institute for development and research in Banking Technology (IDRBT), Established by Reserve Bank of India
, as a Research Fellow. His area of Interest includes Data Warehousing, Data Mining, Web Mining, Text Mining and big data analytics. In his credit he has more than 30 authored research papers in international journals and Conferences of repute.
- Information Technology Concepts
- Management Information System
- Business Analytics and Data warehousing
- Big Data Analytics
- Information system analysis and Project Management
- Spreadsheet Modeling
- Data Mining
- Text Mining
- Big Data Analytics
- Business Intelligence
- Data Mining
- Big Data Analytics
|| Name of Institute
|| Date from
|| Date to
||2nd June 2008
||Infosys technologies Ltd
||Junior research Associate
Recent Publications, Articles, Cases
- Edited a book entitled “Pattern Discovery Using Sequence Data Mining: Applications and Studies” with P. Radhakrishna and Bapi S Raju. With IGI Publishing House in 2011
- Mayank Sharma, Pradeep Kumar, B Bhasker, An empirical study of factors resulting to online community formation, Journal of Information Technology and Management, Volume 25 number 2, 2014.
- Rajhans Mishra, Pradeep Kumar & Bharat Bhasker (2014). An Alternative approach for clustering web user sessions considering sequential information, Intelligent Data Analysis, vol. 18 (2), 2014.
- Rajhans Mishra and Pradeep Kumar, "Clustering Web Logs Using Similarity Upper Approximation with Different Similarity Measures," International Journal of Machine Learning and Computing vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 219-221, 2012.
- Pradeep Kumar, Kishore Indukuri Varma, Ashish Sureka: Fuzzy based clustering algorithm for privacy preserving data mining: International Journal of Business Information Systems: 2011 Vol. 7 No. 1; pp 27-40 DOI: 10.1504/IJBIS. 2011.037295
- Kumar, P., Krishna, P. R., and Raju, B. S. : SeqPam: A clustering algorithm for sequential data In International Journal of Data Warehousing and Mining 3(1), pp. 29—53, 2007.
- Kumar, P., Krishna, P. R., Bapi, R. S. and De. S. K. Rough clustering of sequential data, Data & Knowledge Engineering (doi:10.1016/j.datak.2007.01.003), 2007
- Arijit Laha, P.Kumar and Sureka Ashish: Business Intelligence Techniques for Monitoring and Improving Compliance Management Process, SET Labs Briefings, pp. 9 - 18.
- Kumar, P., Krishna, P. R. and Raju, B. S.: A new measure for sequential Data, International Journal of Data Warehousing and Mining, 6(4), 16-32, October-December 2010
- Kumar, P., Krishna, P. R. and Raju, B. S.: A new measure for sequential Data, in Exploring Advances in Interdisciplinary Data Mining and Analytics By: David Taniar; Lukman Iwan, Publisher: IGI Global Pub. Date: December 31, 2011
- Pradeep Kumar, P Radhakrishna and S Bapi Raju “ Sequence Pattern Mining for Web Logs” in a book entitled “Pattern Discovery Using Sequence Data Mining: Applications and Studies” edited by Pradeep Kumar et al. published by IGI Global, USA 2011.
- Kumar, P., Krishna, P. R. Raju, B. S. and Padmaja, T. M.: Advances in Classification of Sequence Data, Advances in Data Warehousing and Mining, IGI Publisher, 2007.
- Mayank Sharma, Pradeep Kumar, B Bhasker, Influencing Factors for Purchase of Virtual and Digital Goods, 12th International Conference on e-Society 2014, 28 Feb – 2 Mar 2014 , Madrid, Spain.
- Mayank Sharma, Pradeep kumar, Bharat Bhaskar and Abhijit Bhattacharya, Incorporating flow theory to Technology Acceptance model for online community formation, ICIW 2013.
- Rajhans Mishra, Pradeep Kumar and Bharat Bhasker, Rough set based clustering in dense web domain, 2012 12th International Conference on Intelligent Systems Design and Applications (ISDA) pp 521-526
- Ritu Yadav, Ashwani Kumar, Vinay Kumar, Pradeep Kumar; Conceptualization of Sentence Paraphrase Recognition with Semantic Role Labels In Proceedings of the Eight International Conference on Data Mining, WORLDCOMP - DMIN 2012 Las Vegas, 2012 pp 172-180.
- Rajhans Mishra, Pradeep Kumar and Bharat Bhasker, “A Design Framework for Recommender System by Incorporating Sequential Information”, presented at iiWAS 2011, Ho Chi Minh – Vietnam , 5-7 Dec, 2011. ( To be published in ACM Digital Library)
- Rajhans Mishra and Pradeep Kumar, Clustering web logs using similarity upper approximation with different similarity measures, In 3rd International Conference on Machine learning and Computing 2011, Singapore.
- P. Kumar, An Improved algorithm for web usage mining, ICDM 2010.
- Pradeep kumar and Sandeep Kumar Sharma, Design of real time Business Intelligence system framework for tourism sector, in International Conference on Tourism in Global village 2009.
- P. Kumar, Sabeer Ahmed Khan, Bapi S Raju and Radhakrishna P, Sequence Pattern Mining using Interest measure, ICDM 2009.
- P. Kumar, Meena Dilip Singh, Ashutosh Saxena, HEMIN: A Cryptographic Approach for private k-NN classification, WORLDCOMP - DMIN 2008, Los Vegas, July 2008.
- P. Kumar, Krishna, P. R: A Fuzzy Approach for Privacy Preserving Classification, WORLDCOMP - DMIN 2008, Los Vegas, July 2008.
- P. Kumar, Verma, I.K, Sureka Ashish: A Data Modification Technique for Privacy Preserving Data Mining, ICDM 2008, pp. 47-58.
- Kumar, P., Krishna, P. R. and Raju, B. S., Towards establishing the importance of ordering information for web site personalization, Second Bejing Honkong International Doctoral forum 2007.
- Kumar, P., Krishna, P. R., Raju, B. S. and De S. K. : Clustering using Similarity Upper Approximation, 2006 IEEE International Conference on Fuzzy Systems, Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre, Vancouver, BC, Canada.
- Kumar, P., Rao, M. V., Krishna, P. R., and Raju, B. S. 2005. Using Sub-sequence Information with kNN for Classification of Sequential Data. In Proceedings of International Conference on Distributed Computing and Internet Technology,(ICDCIT 2005) . LNCS Springer Verlag, Vol 3816, 536-546.
- Kumar, P., Rao, M. V., Krishna, P. R., Raju, B. S., and Laha, A. 2005. Intrusion detection system using sequence and set preserving metric. In Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Intrelligence and security informatics( IEEE ISI-2005). LNCS Springer Verlag, Atlanta, 498-504.
- Kumar P., Krishna, P. R., De S. K. and Raju B. S. : Web Usage Mining Using Rough Agglomerative Clustering. ICEIS (2) 2005: 315-320.
- Aggarwal, V., Krishna, P. R., Laha, A. and Kumar, P. : Analyzing credit quality of bank customers using clustering. In 1st International conference on EAIT 2006 organized by CSI kolkatta chapter 2006. (Won best paper award)
- Kumar, M., Kumar, P., Laha, A. and Krishna, P. R. : Security Challenges for Mobile Commerce, In Proc. of International Conference on Services Management, New Delhi, India, March 11-12, 2005, pp. 478 – 481.
- Rajhans Mishra, Pradeep Kumar and Bharat Bhasker, “Design of Recommender System Incorporating Sequential Information Using Web Usage Data” , presented at IIM Bangalore Doctoral Conference (IMRDC-2011) , 11-12 Nov, 2011.
- Kumar, P. and Krishna, P. R. : Time Series Mining: Financial Series Case in a National conference on recent trends in computational mathematics” organized by UGC and GRI, Ghandhigram 2004.
- Rao, M. V. and Kumar, P. : Incorporating sequential information with classifier for building an efficient Intrusion Detection System, Abhigyan 2005 organized by IIIT&M, Gwalior. (Won second best paper award)
- Aggarwal, V., Krishna, P. R., Laha, A. and Kumar, P. : Credit Analysis of Bank Customers using prototype based classifier In NCCT Dehradun 2006