Rajesh K Aithal Associate Professor
Have been with the IIM Lucknow Marketing area for more than ten years teaching basic marketing courses and electives in ‘Sales & Distribution’ and ‘BOP & Rural Markets’. Research Interests lie in anything related to rural, be it distribution, retail or tourism in rural. Have published in International of Retail & distribution Management and Asian case Research journal in the recent past.
- Sales & Distribution Management
- BOP & Rural Markets
- Rural Marketing
- Rural Distribution & Retail
- Small Retail Issues
- Rural Tourism
- Informal Markets
- Impact Studies of CSR/ Non Profit Initiatives
- Rural Distribution Strategy Recommendations
- Sales Force Optimization
Recent Publications, Articles, Cases
- "Tamul Plates Marketing Pvt. Ltd. - The Growth Challenge" Asian Case Research Journal (Forth Coming)
- "Book essay on Unrelenting Innovation: How to create a culture for market dominance", Journal of Business Research, 68 Feb, 2015.
- “Marketing channel length in rural India: influence of the external environment and rural retailer buyer behaviour”, International Journal of Retail & Distribution Management, 40(3), 2012.
- "Regional Science City Lucknow" Metamorphosis, 8(1), 2009.
- "Kala Raksha Trust Kutch," Vision, 12(3), Oct-Dec, 2008, Sage Publications.
- “Rural Marketing in Development Paradigm,” co-authored (second author), International Journal of Rural Management, 1(2), July –December 2005, Sage Publications.
- “Distribution Channel Structure in Rural Areas: A Framework and Hypotheses,” co-authored (first author) Decision 32 (1), Jan-June 2005.