Seshadev Sahoo Associate Professor
Finance and Accounting
- Ph.D (from IIT Kharagpur)
- MMS (Master of Management Science)
0522-6696635 (O), 6696424 (R ); Mob: 9956333508
Curriculum Vitae |
Dr. Seshadev Sahoo
is currently working as an Associate Professor in the department of Finance and Accounting, at Indian Institute of Management Lucknow. He holds a Ph.D. from Vinod Gupta School of Management, IIT Kharagpur. His research interests span the fields of initial public offerings (IPO) market, IPO valuation, anchor investor behaviour, analyst forecast, accounting issues in valuation, due diligence corporate governance issues in IPO pricing. His research publication uses a variety of methodological techniques, including experimental designs, structural equations modelling, regression and meta-analysis. Her research has appeared or is forthcoming in leading referred journals including Journal of Emerging Market Finance
, Spanish Review of Financial Economics, IIMB Management Review, Vikalpa, International Journal of Financial Services, Decision, IUP Journal of Applied Finance, South Asian Journal of Management e
tc., among others. Dr, Sahoo’s recent consulting interest include undertaking predictive analytics for IPO value, Financial reporting analysis and performance evaluation, Cost management and control.
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Cost and Management Accounting
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Initial Public Offering (IPO) Valuation, New issue market
- Financial Reporting and Analysis and equity valuation
- Cost administration and Control. Management Accounting
- Financial evaluation and performance analysis
- Initial Public Offerings (IPO) valuation
- New Issue Management and Due diligence
- Cost evaluation and control
Recent Publications, Articles, Cases
- Sahoo, S., (2017), Do anchor investors create value for initial public offerings? An empirical investigation, IIMB Management Review, Vol 29, pp. 259–275
- Sahoo, S., (2016), Signalling by IPO Grading: an empirical investigation, Afro-Asian Journal of Finance and Accounting, Vol. 6, No. 1, pp.68-85.
- Sahoo S., (2016), Determinants of lapsation of life insurance policies: an empirical investigation for the Indian market, International Journal of Financial Services Management, Vol.8, issue 2, PP.133-147 (co-authored with S. Mall).
- Sahoo, S., (2015), Subscription Rate and Volatility: an investigation for Indian IPOs, Journal of Emerging Market Finance, Vol.14 Issue 1, pp. 20-58.
- Sahoo, S., (2014), Do Analyst’s Recommendations Create Value? Empirical evidence from Indian IPO Market, Spanish Review of Financial Economics, Vol. 12 Issue 2, pp. 82-95
- Sahoo, S., (2014), How do investors’ subscription rate and pattern affect underpricing? An empirical investigation for Indian IPOs, Afro Asian Journal of Finance and Accounting, Vol.4. Issue 3, pp. 367-386.
- Sahoo, S., (2014), Impact of Corporate Board Structure on Pricing Performance of Initial Public Offerings (IPOs), IUP Journal of Applied Finance, Vol.20, Issue 4, pp. 22-47 .
- S.Sahoo & P.Rajib (2013) “Valuing IPOs Using P/E Multiple: An Empirical Investigation”, Decision: The journal of Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta, Vol.40 Issue 1-2, pp.27-46.
- Sahoo, S., & P., Rajib (2012), “Determinants of Pricing IPOs: An Empirical Investigation”, South Asian Journal of Management, Vol.19 No.4, pp.59-87.