Debdatta Pal Assistant Professor
- Fellow Programme in Management, IIM Ahmedabad
- Microeconomics for Managers
- Macroeconomic Environment
- Business Environment
- Public Policy
- Empirical energy economics
- Applied agricultural economics
- Choice Modelling
- Assistant Professor, Indian Institute of Management Lucknow
- Earlier affiliations
- Assistant Professor, Indian Institute of Management Raipur
- Visiting Assistant Professor, Indian Institute of Management Indore
Manager, Indian Bank
Recent Publications, Articles, Cases
Pal, D. & Mitra, S. K. (2017). The environmental Kuznets curve for carbon dioxide in India and China: Growth and pollution at crossroad. Journal of Policy Modeling, 39(2), 371–385.
Pal, D., & Mitra, S. K. (2017). Time-frequency contained co-movement of crude oil and world food prices: A wavelet-based analysis. Energy Economics.62(2), 230–239.
Pal, D. & Mitra, S. K. (2016). Asymmetric oil product pricing in India: Evidence from a multiple threshold nonlinear ARDL model. Economic Modelling,59(12), 314–328.
Pal, D. & Mitra, S. K. (2016). An application of the directional distance function with the number of accidents as an undesirable output to measure the technical efficiency of state road transport in India. Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, 93(11), 1–12.
Pal, D. & Mitra, S. K. (2016). Asymmetric impact of rainfall on India's food grain production: evidence from quantile autoregressive distributed lag model. Theoretical and Applied Climatology. DOI: 10.1007/s00704-016-1942-3.
Pal, D. & Mitra, S. K. (2016). Diesel and soybean price relationship in the USA: Evidence from a quantile autoregressive distributed lag model. Empirical Economics. DOI :10.1007/s00181-016-1114-4.
Pal, D. & Mitra, S.K. (2015). Asymmetric impact of crude price on oil product pricing in the United States: An application of multiple threshold nonlinear autoregressive distributed lag model. Economic Modelling, 51(12), 436–443.
Pal, D. & Mitra, S. K. (2015). Impact of price realization on India’s tea export: Evidence from Quantile Autoregressive Distributed Lag Model. Agricultural Economics, 61(9), 422–428.
Pal, D. & Laha, A. K. (2015). Sectoral Credit Choice in Rural India. Journal of Choice Modelling, 15(1), 1–16.
Pal, D. & Dutta, O. (2015). Microcredit and empowerment of urban women: A study from eastern India. Strategic Change: Briefings in Entrepreneurial Finance, 24(2), 149–163.
Pal, D. (2014) A note on household approach to credit rationing in agrarian economies. Development in Practice. 24(8), 1070–1079.
Pal, D. (2014) Linking Credit with other Markets: A Review of the Issues in Rural Economies. Forum for Development Studies, 42(1), 159–178.
Pal, D. & Laha, A. K. (2014). Credit off-take from formal financial institutions in rural India: quantile regression results. Agricultural and Food Economics, 2(9), 1–20.
- Rohit, A., Pal, D. & Dash, P. (2017). Hind Oil Industries: Demand Analysis. Richard Ivey School of Business, University of Western Ontario. (Product No. 9B17M054)
- Pal, D. (2016) Ratnagiri Alphonso Orchard: Bayesian Decision Analysis. Richard Ivey School of Business, University of Western Ontario. (Product No. 9B16E007)
- Mukherjee, S. & Pal, D. (2013) Pricing Telecom Licences in India. Richard Ivey School of Business, University of Western Ontario. (Product No. 9B12A065)
- Economic Modelling
- International Business Review
- Journal of Rural Studies
Awards & Recognitions
- Industrial Finance Corporation of India (IFCI) Thesis Proposal Award at IIM Ahmedabad